Colgate Toothpaste FAQs
Regarding Colgate Toothpaste sold in Malaysia
Colgate Toothpaste sold in Malaysia is and has always been Halal.
• Colgate Toothpaste is manufactured to Halal standards.
• Colgate Toothpaste does not contain animal ingredients or alcohol.
JAKIM acknowledges that Colgate Toothpaste is certified as Halal.
JAKIM acknowledges that Colgate Toothpaste is certified Halal by Islamic Bodies recognized by JAKIM as follows: Central Islamic Committee of Thailand, The Islamic Community of Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), China Islamic Association (China) and Federation of Muslims Associations of Brazil (Brazil).
To read JAKIM’s statement on Colgate Toothpaste, please go to www.halaljakim.gov.my
Colgate Toothpaste will now carry the Halal seal.
• Colgate Toothpaste packs displaying the Halal seal are in production now and will be entering the market very soon.
• Colgate toothpaste is classified as a pharmaceutical product by the Malaysia Ministry of Health and therefore had not been permitted by MOH to display the Halal seal. Realizing that this was causing consumer confusion, Colgate petitioned for, and was granted, special approval to place the seal on pack. So after 50 years of being Halal in Malaysia, Colgate toothpaste will now display the seal.
The Halal seal on Colgate Toothpaste will be a JAKIM recognized seal.
Current JAKIM policy allows only products produced in Malaysia to carry the JAKIM seal. There is no standard seal for products produced outside Malaysia. Colgate Toothpaste will either carry the seal of the JAKIM recognized Islamic Body from its country of origin or a generic seal; all of which have been shared with JAKIM prior to use.
To read JAKIM’s statement on the Halal certification process for products manufactured abroad for the Malaysian market, please go to www.halaljakim.gov.my
Colgate toothpaste does not contain animal ingredients or alcohol.
• Both the Ministry of Trade and Consumer Affairs and JAKIM have independently tested Colgate Toothpaste and confirmed that the products do not contain animal DNA or alcohol.
• The calcium in Colgate toothpaste is sourced from minerals.
• The glycerin in Colgate toothpaste is sourced from plants.
To read JAKIM’s acknowledgement that Colgate Toothpaste does not contain animal ingredients, please go to www.halaljakim.gov.my